Protecting Americans in Playa del Carmen Real Estate since 2005
Real Estate Playa Del Carmen
Us gringos are aplenty in this little piece of paradise that we call Playa Del Carmen. Americans and Canadians flock to Playa (like it’s the last chopper pulling outta ‘Nam) in search of a slow, peaceful lifestyle. And they find it.
If you’re interested in becoming an expat member here in Playa click here to read about our top reasons to move to Playa Del Carmen. Or, click here to join Playa’s biggest expat Facebook group—a supportive community of networked individuals that make life here as breezy as the warm tropical winds.
Get The FREE 2014 Riviera Maya Real Estate Guide!!
But…don’t be entirely blinded by the margaritas and Mayan ruins, be sure to make a solid investment that will add peace of mind to your life.
As a brokerage that has been operating successfully since 2005 (led by our Harvard Business School-graduate leader) we’ve watched this market grow at an amazing rate. All this growth has led to a healthy, sustainable market—but it isn’t without its growing pains and difficulties. So—before you make your home on the sandy white shores, on the 7-shades-of-blue ocean in Playa Del Carmen, be aware of what you need to know—because you don’t know what you don’t know.
Real Estate Playa Del Carmen: The Market
The Playa Del Carmen real estate market is solid, with sustained __% YOY growth. This leads to many smart investments for people who properly navigate the complicated matrix of foreign investment here. For investment specifics on an investment strategy, or condo building, be sure to speak with one of our real estate professionals.
Living in Playa –Playa Del Carmen Real Estate, Living & Investments
Like life anywhere—life is better when you have a solid roof over your head, and a mortgage that isn’t eating your soul. Playa Del Carmen real estate has a plethora of lovely homes and condos. But, again, like anywhere else—not all are created equal. Which investment is solid? Which one is that best quality and won’t crumble with the sea salt-filled air?
Unfortunately, not all real estate investments here go smoothly. Due to a lack of Realtor licensing, conflicts of interest, lack of due diligence, transaction-based relationships and other issues—your worry-free life, and bank account are at risk. Enter American Development. Click here to read more about what you don’t know—that might hurt you and your family …because there are people here who know more ways to take your money than a roomful of lawyers.
About American Development
The American Development brokerage has been practicing real estate Playa del Carmen since 2005, and we’ve never waivered on our commitment. Our commitment to our clients is to protect their best interests over all others, to guide them through and to educate them on the process of buying Playa del Carmen condos and homes.
Real estate is one of the best investments you can make—and we’re here to make sure that when the mariachis stop playing, you’ve got a chair.
How WE Protect YOU
All our agents were thoroughly vetted and trained in real estate Playa Del Carmen by our Broker of Record, Chris Rauton—a Harvard business postgraduate and Playa Del Carmen real estate expert. We’ve built a thriving business based on relationship-based real estate…as 80% of our sales coming via referrals.
There are a number of ways that we protect your interests and lifestyle…
- We have an attorney who has no conflict of interest by representing the seller or builder. He is not only a real estate attorney, but also a certified English-Spanish translator and an international tax attorney who specializes in foreign investment in Mexico and capital gains regulations.
- We remain in excellent standing (even though it isn’t required) with all the real estate associations and boards in Playa and Mexico—including the Realtor association, the American Chamber of Commerce in Mexico and AMPI (the Mexican association of real estate agents).
- We offer proof of legality in all real estate purchases and sales and ensure proper legal entitlement to property.
- We do our due diligence. If a development doesn’t have sufficient funds in escrow to complete a project we will not allow our clients to invest in the project. Various previous projects that we refused to be involved in over the last few years are still sitting there half-built and unoccupied. We also look for liens and any financial issues.
- We keep our finger on the pulse of construction and development (and in fact run our own construction firm) of real estate Playa Del Carmen, so that we not only know the qualities of sound construction, but also so that we know which Playa del Carmen condos and homes are built to last.
- For more ways that we protect your interest, click here.
We ensure that your purchase of Playa del Carmen real estate is legally yours (that you hold a clear title), and is made of sound construction. We’ll ensure that after your purchase you aren’t saying “I just bought a small condo overlooking the water. The water is in a cup, one floor below my unit…” or “I bought a house in a depressed neighborhood. The prices weren’t low, but the people were all bummed out.”
To learn more about American Development and our involvement in real estate Playa del Carmen, click here.