Why consider retiring in Playa del Carmen?
The simple truth is that you’ve worked hard enough—for long enough. It’s time to relax, unwind and enjoy life to the fullest. Retiring in Playa del Carmen means warm, sunny days in a home that is completely and entirely cared for thanks to the low cost of labor and maintenance.
Life here means a beautifully-manicured property without having to tend to a garden or mow the lawn. Life here means a higher quality of living, on a low budget. Life here means a home for your extended love ones to come vacation, relax and enjoy high-quality family time.
Life here is good. Retiring in Playa del Carmen is simply sweeter than fiction.
Reasons why Retiring in Playa Del Carmen—is a Sound Idea:
Many Americans and Canadians opt for retiring in Playa del Carmen as a lifestyle choice for their post-working years…and here is why:
- A lower cost of living than American and Canada—which stretches your pension and/or savings significantly further.
- A higher standard of living for the same budget, or less.
- It’s the shortest flight home of almost any tropical destination—so heading home to see the grand kids regularly is not just a possibility, but absolutely doable.
- Bringing pets into the country is an easy, quarantine-free process.
- Safety. Playa del Carmen is one of the safest cities in Mexico, with its regular police patrols, and its multi-levels of police care (including: local, federal and tourist). Almost every building also has its own private security, although the level varies between each area and community.
- Beauty and peace. Many people in their retiring years seek a simple, community-oriented lifestyle…while surrounded by beauty. There is nothing more beautiful than the soft sandy beaches, the 7-shades-of-blue Caribbean ocean, the 300+miles of connected underground cenotes (fresh water-filled caves), the European-esque feel of the restaurants and shops on 5th avenue—and oh so much more.
- Community. Retiring in Playa del Carmen means seeking community. Here in Mexico family values and a sense of community are paramount, and this is deeply engrained in the large foreign community as well. One (of many) great examples is the Facebook group <INSERT LINK> that supports foreigners in the community, both in day-to-day life and in organizing community events. There is also the Playa Animal Rescue, which foreigners involve themselves in deeply (including their Saturday, drop-in spa/play day).
- Health plays a prominent place in all our lives here, with people focusing on healthy eating and physical activity. There are also numerous health and wellness centers and hospitals that cater towards the foreign community—most of which accept foreign and local health plans (ask us for more information on local health insurance).
- You don’t have to entirely sacrifice your foreign style of life, as there are many stores with names we trust, including Walmart and Sam’s Club! There are also cable packages with all your favorite networks back home, and cinemas that show American blockbusters (with Spanish subtitles—to help you improve your knowledge of the local language).
If you’re picturing yourself quietly reading a book ocean side, or overlooking the 7-shades of blue Caribbean ocean while eating freshly-caught surf n’ turf—then you are curious. Simply contact us to see if retiring in Playa Del Carmen is right for you!
We can tell you what it would entail and how much it would cost (including rental vs ownership costs, moving costs, cost of living, services and more). We will also share the stories of the others we have helped retire in Playa, and go over the financial aspects of it, including property ownership and maintenance.
Spoiler alert: it’s easier and more affordable than you think! As there are condos and homes for sale in Playa Del Carmen starting from $59,000 USD.
Call or email us today—or use the handy-dandy live chat button below!
GET THE FREE 2019 RIVIERA MAYA REAL ESTATE GUIDE!!
Christopher and Sheila
Everyother agency turned us away and said that we could not find what we were looking for in our price range. We believed it until Chris was recommended to us through a random encounter. Feeling defeated and thought we’d take one last shot we talked with Chris and within ten minutes after walking into his office he explained that he may have something. So we set up a viewing the next day and sure enough he found it! Hit it right on the head. Amazing job! I’d highly recommend their services for anyone interested in real estate in Playa Del Carmen.
They found us the dream house at a fantastic price and even after the deal was closed they showed impeccable customer service supporting and helping us with their logistics and advice whenever needed. They are 100% trustworthy, absolute professionals, honest and a true pleasure to deal with. Thank you Chris and Leah for your hard work and dedication. You have maximized the best deal for our needs.
I wish to acknowledge and thank the American Development team for their excellent collaboration in the marketing and sale of my home it was a very positive outcome.
Mary and Charles
Chris and Leah have our votes for professionalism and knowledge in the industry of real estate in Playa Del Carmen.
James and Kathy
We just made the move to Mexico from Canada. Love it here and publicity that Mexico gets is very sad, there is a lot more sensationalism than reality to how things are reported. If you are looking for experts who helped us with our move and investment, these guys were great!
Contact One Of Our Experts Today!
Get in touch with us today and we will answer all of your questions about the market in Playa del Carmen. Ask us about our upcoming tours and how you can win a free stay on the beach.Learn More